Do you have an eye emergency or are you in need of urgent attention?
Urgent Access Eye Casualty Service
Call our Emergency Hotline for an appointment
0818 393 393
What you need to know
.- For safety and legal reasons we cannot discuss any eye problem without verifying patient details.
– All eye problems will be triaged by a qualified healthcare professional immediately.
– We will attend to critical emergencies immediately.
– You may be asked to attend immediately without sufficient time to pack your belongings. In such circumstances, the hospitals will provide for your basic needs.
– Urgent problems will be given urgent appointments.
– If you are triaged and your problem is deemed to be non-urgent, we will still offer you a routine appointment.
– To expedite resolution of your problem we may book you for scans in the first instance so you won’t necessarily need to return for tests at a later date.
– We have clinics in Clane (Co Kildare) which is 40 mins from Dublin city centre, Waterford City and Athlone.
– Our service is run by consultant eye surgeons, not trainee doctors.
– Our emergency service fee is €200.00 (Inc. OCT diagnostic scan). Your insurance company may cover additional procedures or surgeries if required.
– If you require a routine appointment, please call our clinic number below during normal working hours.
Please contact us on the above telephone number if you experience any of the following symptoms:
- Loss of sight
- Sudden or severe eye pain
- Flashing lights and floaters in your vision
- Chemicals in your eye
- Severe eye trauma