Are you in need of urgent attention?
If you need to get in touch with us urgently, please follow the steps outlined in Eye Casualty
What to expect
We want your visit to be a smooth and pleasant experience. We are dedicated to providing you with the very best, most advanced and personalised care you deserve.
- First, we encourage one family member to join you during your visit.
- Please plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment to allow us time to gather your information.
- When you arrive, you will be greeted by our Patient Care Coordinator who will guide you through any forms that need to be filled in and ensure you feel comfortable and at ease in our care.
- In keeping with best-practice clinical eye care, you will then proceed through a multistep medical evaluation process to ensure we catch any and all eye conditions, not just the one you came in for.
- Multiple diagnostic tests will be required. Your appointment time may vary depending on the number of tests you require. The more tests you require, the longer your appointment will take.
- Our sub-specialists will then use the results of our state-of-the-art tests to provide you with a comprehensive treatment plan.
- As part of your appointment, you will get the opportunity to view videos, receive information booklets and/or an eye report to help you understand your medical condition and treatment options in the company of your family or friends.
- We always want feedback. Please let us know how we can improve your visit with us.
How to get in touch
We like to be of assistance to you. Give us a call or send us an email to get in touch.
Telephone 051 552 050
Mondays to Fridays from 9am to 5pm (except bank holidays).
Meet our team
“Dr. Eugene Ng graduated from University College Dublin in 2001 and has over 10 years of ophthalmic surgical experience. Eugene trained in ophthalmic surgery at the Royal Victoria Eye and Ear Hospital, Mater Misericordiae Hospital, University College Hospital Galway, Cork University Hospital and Limerick Regional Hospital. Prior to this, Eugene was appointed Vitreo-Retinal Fellow at the New Zealand National Eye Center”
Mr. Eugene Ng – Clinical Director
“Jasna Pavicic Astalos graduated from the School of Medicine, University of Zagreb in 2000. She then trained in Opthalmic surgery at the University Clinic Hospital, Sestre Milosrdnice, Zagreb and had ESCRS and EGS fellowship trainings in Opthalmiz surgery at the Eye Clinic, University Medical Center, Ljunljana, Slovenia and San Carols Hospital in Madrid. .”
Ms. Jasna Pavicic Astalos – Consultant Ophthalmologist and Glaucoma Specialist
“Mr. Pat Hayes has his primary degree from NUI University College Dublin in 1973 and subsequently studied at the Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland. Pat has held Post Graduate appointments at Moorfields Eye Hospital in London, the Royal Berkshire Hospital in Reading, along with a number of posts in Ireland. From 1984 to 2010 Mr. Hayes was a consultant eye surgeon in Waterford Regional Hospital.”
Mr. Pat Hayes – Cataract & Medical Retinal Specialist
“Laura has worked as an Ophthalmic Nurse Specialist in the Institute of Eye Surgery since 2004 and has a BSc (Nursing) degree from UCD and a Certificate in Physiology and Health Science from CIT. She continues her training in Ireland and abroad to keep up with the rapid changes and improvements in technology and practice.”
Laura Molloy – Ophthalmic Nurse Specialist